baslinux - [BL] Screenshots

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "Basic Linux" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Screenshots
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:54:27 -0300

Hi! I need some help again!

I still can't grab screens.

With XV:
I tried xv -grabdelay 5 mypicture.jpg
This syntax seems to be ok, but the program opens its own screen and shows a
lot of options.
None of the buttons really works.
When pressed they flash something I can't read.
I can manipulate images in many ways, but when I try to grab the screen, it
makes the 5 seconds delay, beeps and nothing happens. Then it spends other 5
secs to give me back to the prompt.
If I keep insisting, the time after beeping goes longer and the system
appears to be frozen (however it's not).
XV is shareware, but the author says it's fully functional.

ImageMagick says there's a missing library, libtiff.so.3

Scrot-0.8 returns me a "permission denied" message, despite the fact that
I'm root.

I've also downloaded "Captura" which is listed (ls) in light green
characters but it's said to be "not found" (??)

I believe I'm making something wrong: All of these files really can't be
defective at the same time.

I would appreciate your help on this matter.

Thanks again.
Teixeira