baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 03:02:07 +0000 (UTC)

I am not the guru that Steven is, but I wonder if what you are seeing
with a black-on-black Opera isn't connected with an unsuitable colour
depth in the X server. It has been a feature of some of my BL setups
that if I don't match the colour depth of the X server with the
requirements of the graphical programs I run, then I get some very odd
things happen with colour.

I think it is just a buggy early version of X_SVGA. It works fine with some cards and badly with others which don't have as good VESA support. I had problems with S3 though it is on the list, even in BL2.

I don't think that is right. Opera should be good in BL3.

I really do need a capable graphical browser like Opera on this machine.

For most things, I find Links to be fast and good.
I keep running into sites where I need more javascript (such as Palm download page).

When you first started posting to this list, I was of the opinion that
BL2 would be the way to go if I was in your position. I haven't changed
my opinion. With BL2, you can run not only Opera, but also Phoenix and
Netscape and Dillo.

I will see if I can install Opera onto my BL3.4 setup.

It works for me with all my desktop setups except for the Trident and S3 cards on certain computers. Sindi

Regards,
Ron