baslinux - [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 15:48:07 -0500 (CDT)

Now, having gotten an alternate xserver installed and configured, and having installed Opera, I have a problem getting Opera to run. When I issue the command Opera in a terminal, I get the message: "call to xquerycolors failed: falling back to black/white display." In theory I could then use Opera in black and white, but the window that pops up is actually all black.

I googled this error and noted that another BL user had the same problem and that he also had installed an alternate xserver. Seems like either something is missing or else Opera is attempting to use some part of Xvesa that doesn't work on this laptop. Any ideas?

James