baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 03:25:04 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:34:20 +1000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I will see if I can install Opera onto my BL3.4 setup.

Hmmm ! That didn't work out the way I thought it would.
Opera won't run at all, lists some stuff it doesn't find.

Opera works for me in BL3.5 after installing the libraries in my posted http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/operalib.tgz (about 900K, the basic files from glibc 2.2.5 and a few in Steven's misc library package) and three libraries also used by icewm: libXext libSm and libICE. Are these already in Steven's icewm add-on for BL3? With icewm, Opera changes focus to the most recent window so it is easier to use with the keyboard, but then you would lose the nice jwm menu.

If opera complains about no libz I will post it tomorrow.

From glibc 2.2.5: libc.so.6 libm.so.6 libdl.so.2 libpthread.so.0
libresolv.so.2 libnss_dns.so.2 ld-linux.so.2 and a newer ldconfig (make sure to run this after installing the libraries). The resolv and dns libraries are only needed to go online and find things from DNS numbers.

I think Steven uses glibc 2.3.1 (Slackware 9.0) and the misc libraries from Slackware 4.0. Either way works. Just be sure all your X libraries are from Slackware 4 or his x-libs.

I packaged all the libraries in /lib but three of them should in theory go into /usr/bin: libpthread libresolv libnss_dns.

I haven't the time to fiddle with it right now - in the middle of a
working day - so I will have to play with it another time.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com