baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera problem: xquerycolors fails
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:24:29 +1000

Hi James,

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:03:37 -0500 (CDT), baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Not true, Ron! You _are_ the guru; Steven was probably cowering in fear at
> the prospect of having to answer to this issue:).

Don't you believe that for one minute ! :)
Steven has always been most helpful, even when the various calamities
have been my own fault. But remember, Steven is in New Zealand, and the
time difference means live chat is limited to specific times of the day.
I am in Oz, but I am several hours later than NZ time - it is still
daylight here (3.25 pm, Tuesday).

> But I'm happy to say
> you've helped me solve it! Taking your cue about color depths, I decided
> to experiment with different color depths by commenting out sections of my
> XF86Config file. Well, after I had all sections except the 24 bit one
> commented out, Opera started for me! The problem seems to have been that,
> for whatever reason, Opera didn't want to run under this xserver using 8
> bit color (the gui would run at all using 16 bit).

Oh, good. So I won't need to fiddle with Opera, then. I don't
actually need it in BL3, although it is my browser of choice in Win3.1,
for local HTML files only - I don't go on-line with with Win3.1.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com