baslinux - [BL] new BL 3.5 image file uploaded to my site

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] new BL 3.5 image file uploaded to my site
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:01:43 -0500 (CDT)

I discovered that there's a new free (GPL?) virtual machine on the market called Virtualbox. I decided to go ahead and make a BL 3.5 image for it, too. Virtualbox works a bit differently from qemu and doesn't use an image file: rather, it's virtual hard drive has a .vdi suffix. Also, it requires a different module to initialize the virtual NIC--the pcnet32 module. Anyway, I made the BL 3.5 image, it's ready to unzip and load and comes with the network already enabled. Find it at http://cmiller.sdf-us.org/baslin/baslin3/BL3-5vrtbx.zip (2.8 MB file).

James

PC I noticed occasional error output to stdin while I was toying with BL 3.5 under Virtualbox: maybe it's that same problem we saw earlier under qemu owing to the 2.2.x kernel? Seemed to function fine during the short while I used it despite the error messages.