baslinux - Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d) & Misc.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d) & Misc.
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:39:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Are the other four fonts larger, to be used as higher resolutions?
Why five different sizes?

The smallest font (9x15) is not an iso font.

What is an iso font?

Perhaps in the next BL this one default font could be left full sized?

I did not strip the default font (9x15).
It is normally that small.

You chose a default font that never had extended ascii characters?
Then stripped four others that can be used optionally?

When/how would we use the other four fonts?
Do we change .Xdefaults

Yes, if you want a larger or smaller font for the default.

or specify a different font to be used by rxvt

Yes, if you want a particular rxvt (or text-based
application running in an xterm) to have a larger
or smaller font.

In BL2 I have 3MB of fonts and have probably never used more than one. What is the icewm default?

My preference would be to provide only two BL3 X fonts, both including extended ascii. BL3 offers a choice of two resolutions unless you edit Xconfig, so why provide five fonts? Have other users used the other fonts?

I tried to read a weather forecast and the degree signs were not there.

How difficult would it be to automatically change the default rxvt font in Xsetup to a larger one when you choose 800x600 instead of 640x480?