baslinux - Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d) & Misc.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d) & Misc.
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:14:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

BL3 comes with 6 fixed fonts:
5x7 5x8 6x13
9x15 11x19 14x24

What are the actual names of the other
five fixed fonts?

The three smallest fonts are part of Xvesa.
The names for the larger fonts are in fonts.dir

When I tried to load rxvt with the 11x19 and 14x24 helv fonts in BL2 it
refused. I will reboot into BL3 and try again.

Sindi

I can start an rxvt with all of the fonts listed in misc by their equivalents in fonts.dir (9x15, etc.) including the helv fonts (r12) and they all work with lynx but none display extended ascii in my test file.

I can also use the (unlisted) Xvesa fonts 5x7 5x8 and 6x13.
Is there some way to list them in fonts.dir so people know they are there?

The 5x7 and 6x13 display extended ascii online in lynx and offline in e3pi (I have no way to test at the command line), but 5x8 does not.

I suggest that Czerno try 6x13. The others look bad at 800x600.

Extended ascii table displays properly online with lynx at:
http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Programming/ascii_table/PROGRAMMING_ascii_table.shtml

But my arrow keys are misbehaving badly despite remapping with xmodmap.