baslinux - Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d) & Misc.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re : Colours, or lack thereof (cont-d) & Misc.
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:30:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Czerno wrote:

*STOP the press!* Was typing the above in all confidence in the JWM
desktop, but the next moment I discovered that I couldn't select text
from another window running rxvt/links! The mouse didn't work for
selecting text in the latter. What the f*** ? Isn't it a function of
the GUI/window manager to let the user cut and paste between
application windows ? Arrrrgh! Now reluctantly back to MS-Windows :(

Try holding down the shift key, the alt key, the ctrl key, or some combination of the above when trying to select text in links. I'm not sure about the version of links that comes with BL, but more modern versions of links sometimes can only be copied/pasted from by using some keyboard input in combination with mouse clicks and movements. Hope this helps.

James