baslinux - Re: [BL] bios password

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bios password
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:43:21 +0200

when you post here again please
provide some details of the systems you are working on.
Well I have not checked the vendors the are mostly Intel based stationer PC
from 700 MHz to 933 MHz.

i would also be
interested to know why the kids there cant make use of the computers with a
version of linux on that would provide what they needed. as you may know you
dont need high spec computers for linux because its lean and mean (kind of
thing). salutations - peter

Well I think there is a saying that "you have to choose your battles".
I am only a small fish here. I installed Open Office on every computer
here at own risk an one of the teacher was pretty annoyed by the Open
Office Writer program. We do mostly graphical work with the computers
using Photoshop a lot. What I try to do on the school closing is to
get some of the old computers to the Rudolf Steiner School where my
son is. Here I am proved to say they are in the middle of changing
everything over to Linux (ubunto) and I have been a part of that
process.