baslinux - Re: [BL] bios password

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bios password
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 04:02:27 -0700 (PDT)

hey, heres an easy thing to try: look for a little battery on the motherboard
and disconnect/ remove it and then put it back again after half an hour
(although one minute may be enough to clear the bios). if the battery is
welded (!) to the motherboard then look for jumpers bridging pins together,
near the battery. make a drawing first then remove them all for half an hour
then put them back on as per your drawing. when you post here again please
provide some details of the systems you are working on. i would also be
interested to know why the kids there cant make use of the computers with a
version of linux on that would provide what they needed. as you may know you
dont need high spec computers for linux because its lean and mean (kind of
thing). salutations - peter