baslinux - [BL] bios password

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] bios password
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:54:11 +0200

Hello all you clever guys

I am sitting her in the middle of a "school closing an apartment" and
we have lots of old computers that we are going to sell or give away.
Now as I try to clean op (format) this computers i run in to problems.
I cant get in to bios to make the computer boot from a boot floppy to
format it. It requires a bios password and even though I have the
administrator password for the system it won't let me in to bios. (We
are on a windows platform.) My question really is. If I don't find out
abut this passwords things is the whole motherboard then inaccessible
to me? Meaning I can do nothing to the computer in terms formatting,
or reinstalling the whole thing ore for instance install a Linux
system?

/Mikkel