baslinux - Re: [BL] vortex2 au8830 sound card

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] vortex2 au8830 sound card
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:39:14 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Same problem cutting out with streaming
> audio. Connected at 45333kbit/sec.

Are you on dial-up? If so, then I would expect
45333bps to cut out. With a 56kbps modem you can
cleanly handle a 32kbps stream, but anything faster
than that is dicey.

> after 24 sec I started losing a few sec at a time
> despite 320K buffer.

The size of the buffer doesn't matter. Once it is
exhausted, the stream will break up. It's like a
bathtub. It doesn't matter how full the bathtub is
when you start -- if the water is draining out faster
than it is flowing in, then eventually the bathtub
will be empty.

> The NZ station cut out 50% of the time starting in
> 2 seconds.

How fast was the the audio stream? What speed was your
modem connection?