baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' D
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:18:35 +0000 (UTC)

xdpf has a pdftopbm that works in BL3 if you give it a minimal set of gs
fonts (without gs itself) and a modified configuration file to point at
these fonts.

Abiword can output html, not just rtf.

What do I need to run a PHP script? Not in any of my linux books and I
got nowhere with an online search. There is a phpwiki but no wiki article
on PHP.

I would need php-5.20.tar.gz which is 8.5MB.

Maybe there is a non-php script.

Perl-based html2pdf - requires perl, which is a 4MB SW4.0 package that expands to 10MB.

I could not find other html-to-pdf convertors for linux.

Textmaker is bigger than gs.

Let's see how small gs can be shrunk. The SW4.0 gs should work for printing formatted text files, with printcap, direct from Abiword as 'user'.

I have gs set up with BL2 and will try that first as 'user'.