baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' 13

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' 13
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:06:15 +0000 (UTC)

re html2pdf

How big is the perl script?

Don't care. PERL itself is about 10MB.

Well _I_ obviously care, or I wouldn't have asked the question.

Yesterday I could not FIND the perl script in about 10 minutes of searching, just a lot of mention of it as being the original script on which the PHP script was modelled. After I saw the size of PERL I gave up hunting. Some distributions seem to come with it, maybe including debian.

So I'll trade you: Post the link, and I'll post the htmldoc
stuff, tomorrow at the soonest.

Maybe you can find it by searching on html2pdf and perl.

Scripting languages all have a lot in common. It may be possible to
port that to bash. There may be utilities that _do_ that.

That would be perfect.

The executable of the latest version is much smaller than PERL or PHP or
the htmldoc source code package. I might not need any of the other stuff
it came with other than pstopdf and the few fonts used by pdftopbm if I
get Abiword to output ps.

I'll believe it when I see it. But the fact that you need Abiword, which
I understand is a WYSIWYG editor, puts a damper on any enthusism I might
have for the idea.

I don't need it, but the people we give computers to need to produce formatted text that can be imported by MS WORD. And want to print web pages without converting to text.

I use DOS WP5.1 and it does not work under DOSEMU. VDE works somewhat but not all the keystrokes work.

I could not find a single non-GUI linux wordprocessor that exports any standard format.

netpbm does not convert to pdf. It says to use gs pstopdf.

Lee