baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' 12

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' 12
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:33:11 +0000

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 12:18:35AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:

[delete]
> I would need php-5.20.tar.gz which is 8.5MB.

It's basically a shell, like bash. Same for perl. They just don't
have an interactive option. (although there is a perl shell)

> > Maybe there is a non-php script.
>
> Perl-based html2pdf - requires perl, which is a 4MB SW4.0 package that
> expands to 10MB.

Take a look at its dependencies. Never heard of a perl install anywhere
near that small. And you'll probably need one or more perl modules.

> I could not find other html-to-pdf convertors for linux.

I've been using htmldoc, 338K, for quite a while. Is excellent.

http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc

Don't know if it has any special dependencies. Not going to boot debian
right now.

But a bash script is a better idea, though I have no idea how to write
ch a script.

>From your previous post:

I found a PHP script package (a zip file with several .php scripts and a
fonts directory including koi8-r and various other fonts), about 100K
download, html2pdf, and I could pipe the output to pdftopbm (comes with
xpdf and does not require X) and then pbmtolj (or the epson equivalent),
to print webpages or Abiword documents on an older deskjet or laserjet
printer. Without gs executable.

/quote

Looks like those php script and font libs will gunzip to about the same
size as htmldoc.

How big is the perl script?

> Textmaker is bigger than gs.
>
> Let's see how small gs