baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' 13

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as 'user' 13
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:43:51 +0000 (UTC)

html2pdf PHP and perl scripts:

Yesterday I could not FIND the perl script in about 10 minutes of
searching, just a lot of mention of it as being the original script on
which the PHP script was modelled. After I saw the size of PERL I gave up
hunting. Some distributions seem to come with it, maybe including debian.

So I'll trade you: Post the link, and I'll post the htmldoc
stuff, tomorrow at the soonest.
(Lee)

Maybe you can find it by searching on html2pdf and perl.

I tried for another 10 minutes and found only html2ps.pl for Debian. Everyone said to use gs pstopdf or Adobe Acrobat after that. There are a few commercial html to ps or pdf convertors and htmldoc is available in binary form for money, or as open source 3.2MB tar.bz2 download. It can be used as GUI or CLI or in batch mode or from a webpage.

Maybe just the CLI part can be compiled, against libc5 or libc6 or static with uclibc, while avoiding the X library incompatibility (it might refuse to run in BL3 if compiled in BL2 and vice versa, if it needs X libraries).
I will look at the instructions.