baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:48:13 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:54:21 +1300
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> > > Ah, that might explain why the backspace key is not working.
> >
> > I know it works on my machine
>
> When you run Sylpheed on that setup, does the backspace
> key work?

I have a selection of old, and some not-so-old, keyboards.

After some experimenting I was able to reproduce the keyboard
misbehaviour that Greg was afflicted with:
backspace didn't work, delete key played up !

More importantly, I was then able to fix it !

Sindi's solution was easy to follow, and worked like a charm. :)

1. Download xmodmap.84 and place it in /root
2. Edit .xinitrc to read:

xmodmap /root/xmodmap.84
exec icewm

And that is it !