baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:33:55 +1300

Greg Mayman wrote:

> That is one reason I want Linux, if I can ever get it working.

It sounds like it was working, until you filled
up the filesystem.

> > hang around and you'll get all the help you want
>
> It has been disappointing so far.

Pardon me?
You are disappointed with the help we have offered?

> Advice such as "Don't load too much, or if you do, then
> destroy everything you have loaded and start again" is
> very off-putting.

Where exactly did you get that advice? It wasn't here.

I repeat below the advice I gave you on 22 December:
The AbiWord package is big. If you are running BL3 from
C:\BASLIN, you only have 20mb of space. That's barely
enough room for AbiWord. There's not enough room for
AbiWord if you have other add-on packages too.

Once your filesystem is full, you get all sorts of strange
error messages.

To see how much space is remaining, do the following:
--
df
--

There may be 300mb on your drive, but the filesystem
in C:\BASLIN is only 20mb. Normally, BL3 is installed

Don't give up. We can help you sort it out.