baslinux - Re: [BL] Newbie

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Newbie
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:22:42 -0600

why kill perfectly good serial mice? they are getting to be a bit of a
rare breed... radioshack has both serial (null modem) and parallel
(laplink) cables already cooked up... and trust me... the parallel
approach is a whole lot faster than the serial port could ever
dream...

theres a program called 'hjsplit' (look in the 'garbo pc' archives)
that will be usefull if you wish to take the floppy copy approach...

On 14/12/06, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Or you could get the file into the computer by using a serial
> null-modem (laplink) cable and the DOS INTERLNK/INTERSVR utility.
> Sindi can give you instructions for making a suitable cable out
> of two broken mice.

They have to be serial mice, of course. You need to solder the plug end
of one onto the whole (unbroken) tail of the other one and the pinouts are
probably online some place. This has too few wires to work as a nullmodem
cables but works for file transfer.

> Cheers,
> Steven

--sam