baslinux - Re: [BL] Newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Newbie
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:48:25 +1300

Fephisto III wrote:

> I'm trying to install via FD boot. However, it boots with
> the 5.25 inch FD drive, not the normal ~3 inch FD drive,
> and nothing in the BIOS as far as I see allows me to change
> the boot drive

You could open up the computer and switch the connectors on
the two floppy drives.

> Help?

Have you got DOS on the C: drive? If so, you could use
the DOS version of BasicLinux. If you need to use floppies
to get the zip file into the computer, you can split it into
floppy-size pieces, copy them into C:\BASLIN, and reassemble
them.

Or you could get the file into the computer by using a serial
null-modem (laplink) cable and the DOS INTERLNK/INTERSVR utility.
Sindi can give you instructions for making a suitable cable out
of two broken mice.