baslinux - Re: [BL] Newbie

  • From: "Fephisto III" <fephisto AT iastate.edu>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Newbie
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 03:40:06 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I don't think any networking solution will
work: I don't have a TCP/IP protocol on it, and I don't know where to get my
hands on a 3.11 Windows.

I had attempted hooking up the old computer's hard drive as a slave to another
computer so as to download the hard drive version of Basic Linux, but the
plug-ins weren't correct. I then tried using a different hard disk and
hooking
it up as a slave in the old computer, but even that Windows 95 hard disk was
obviosuly too new for the really crappy BIOS.

However, I just switched around the plugs for the A: and B: drives and it
magically worked (I think someone might have mentioned that), thinking the
3.25
inch floppy drive was the boot drive. The magical words LILO spelled itself
out
and it started out O.K., but then the installation stopped at the message,
"Image found at 0" or something like that, I waited a bit, but no action was
coming from the computer, no green LEDs, turbo button didn't do anything
either.

Any idea what the message means?