baslinux - [BL] Newbie

  • From: "Fephisto III" <fephisto AT iastate.edu>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Newbie
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:04:09 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I'm pretty much a newbie at linux, and not the best with computers, but wanted
to 'save' the ol' Gateway 2000 486 upstairs. It doesn't have any networking
software either, so I'm trying to install via FD boot.

However, it boots with the 5.25 inch FD drive, not the normal ~3 inch FD
drive,
and nothing in the BIOS as far as I see allows me to change the boot drive,
and
it won't read the first disk, but I know the first disk is good.

Help?

~Fephisto

(appended to all outgoing messages.)