baslinux - Re: [BL] quad monitor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] quad monitor
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 02:48:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I could view .rm and .asx video clips but not wmv,
which wanted wmvdmod.dll.

These are the codecs I use:
--------------------------------
61952 Aug 28 2005 acelpdec.ax
76996 May 23 2002 cook.so.6.0
246676 Sep 8 2005 drv3.so.6.0
338788 Sep 8 2005 drv4.so.6.0
739328 Apr 10 2006 ir41_32.dll
409720 Oct 2 2005 wma9dmod.dll
486504 Oct 2 2005 wmspdmod.dll
807032 Sep 7 2005 wmv9dmod.dll
807528 Apr 11 2006 wmvdmod.dll
--------------------------------

That is twice the number that you posted in a previous email.
I found them all at the same Indian site. Perhaps you could package them all in a compressed file for us?

I downloaded the newer wmv9dmod.dll to /usr/local/lib/win32

My codecs are in /usr/local/lib/codecs
I moved it there but I did not see that listed, just /usr/local/lib/win32 or /usr/lib/win32.

The picture is quite small by default, about 1.5 x 3 inches.

Yes, that's about the best you can do with dial-up.
They must send a much smaller image.

How would I enlarge it?

I don't think mplayer enlarges. Besides, enlarging
the limited data would make a very fuzzy image.

Most of the stations that I try to access don't work:

What list are you using? Most are not up-to-date.
In the last six months, there has been a big shake-up
with many streams changing addresses. Try this list:
-------------------------------
http://www.thestreamcentre.com/

That appears to be only radio, not TV, but I will try it.

-------------------------------
It is one of the most up-to-date.

All I got working was Christian TV at 30K, with stable
sound but the video would start and stop.

Starting and stopping means the stream is too fast for
your PPP connection.

In theory I am connected at about 50K and I was trying to download streaming video at 40K and 45K. What would cause the 'stream not seekable' message?

Do you know Japanese? Try this one:
-------------------------------
mms://dca.live.pod.tv/tandm56-2
-------------------------------
403 Access denied by access control list.

English:
mms://low.video.csupomona.edu/liveone-035
mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/ResearchTV Live (modem)

'Unable to connect to remote host' immediately for the first. Busy?
For the second, what exactly do I type as the URL? I tried variations on the above with and without the part after the space.

Italian:
------------------------------
mms://streaming.grp.it/GRPLive
------------------------------
'Making HTTP connection....' but nothing happens in several minutes.

Spanish:
----------------------------------
mms://cluster314.streameu.com/RCTV
----------------------------------

Russian:
---------------------------------
mms://video.rfn.ru/rtr-planeta_64
---------------------------------

If I type in the the above including mms: it says 'unsupported scheme' so I just did a 'go' to the URL and I got a Spanish sitcom or the news in Russian. This is about 3"x4" - does the 64 mean 64K? The audio is good, the video very poor resolution but interesting.

I have just tested all those links.
They are online right now and working fine.
Maybe the first few are busy?

I keep running across Quicktime and apparently to watch it with Mplayer (streaming) you need LIVE.com video libraries. What/where are those?
.mov format. The man page says it plays MOV.

I got

Kulak's Woodshed live show (guitars) in North Hollywood CA
http://www.kulakwoodshed.com/low.ask (choose 56K modem)

A very garbled C-SPAN:
play.rbn.com/?url=cspan/g2cspan/live/cspan2-g2.rm&proto=rtsp

http://www.abc.net/au/sport/video/sport_lo.ram 'stream not seekable'

BBC News 24
Realaudio version video played well but no sound.
WM version both played but often cut out. '35Kbps'
www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/tvseq/n24/nb/wm/video/heads_nb.asx
.ram (Realaudio)

Discover Islam TV - good sound, delays in video and low res, 45K
212.35.66.83/discover.ram

rtsp://24.249.195.56:554/encoder/wbqp.rm 'unsupported URL scheme'
I think I got all the codecs you listed. Another rtsp worked.

How do I view something which when you click on it produces:
<ASX version="3">
<entry>
<ref HREF="mms://vipmms.itele.fr/cpi_itele"/>
</entry>
</ASX>

Bosnia/Hercegovina TV2 showed a rock concert without sound:
http://2220.xs4all.nl/radio/rtsv.ram

Another site (Slovene) plays very clear audio (American pop songs) but not video and calls for cook.so. It uses cook.so.6.0 for audio.
The download site is busy now.

About 99% of the sites don't work with my setup and modem.