baslinux - Re: [BL] quad monitor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] quad monitor
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 04:05:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

How would I increase the buffer size?

mplayer -cache 1024 address.of.streaming.server

What is missing at the sites that don't make sound?

Do ps to make sure that an old mplayer process isn't
still alive. If you don't exit mplayer smoothly, it
remains alive and blocks the sound output.

I tried the two sites without sound again directly with mplayer and no browser.

The first was audible if I turned the sound up all the way but still very faint (garritan).

The second still has no sound. If I switch terminals (from VGA to TTL) I can read on the original terminal info about mplayer such as Movie-Aspect is undefined and also

Audio: no sound

mplayer -ao oss -vo svga [continues on next line]
http://www.drdavedavid.com/VideoClips/opt001du.mov

Please try this site - do you get sound?

No other mplayer is running, just two processes for this one site.

This is a larger image than most, and relatively good resolutoin.

At some sites the sound starts before the video.

The Russian site is the best so far, if you understand Russian.

Default cache is 320, I will try 1024 next time the site cuts out a lot.