baslinux - Re: [BL] quad monitor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] quad monitor
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 20:32:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Brazil and Mexico webcast educational TV at 45K and 40Kbps.
These did not work for me.

I've also found Canadian, Japanese, French and American
TV streams that work on dial-up. Most are educational
or CSPAN type broadcasts, but there are some feeds
(from Canada and Japan) that do standard news and
variety programming.

Does the Mplayer compiled for BL handle streaming video?

Yes, I use it often (particularly during the football season).

I could view .rm and .asx video clips but not wmv, which wanted wmvdmod.dll . I downloaded the newer wmv9dmod.dll to /usr/local/lib/win32 and it still complains of the first file missing, but then it works.

I made new lines in lynx.cfg for .wmv and .wvx based on .wmx. .asx is common, also .rm and .ram. KCTS (KCT5?) news works (.rm) despite being told my system is too slow to play it. I added -hardframedrop which keeps the picture from stopping and starting movement. -vo svga

The picture is quite small by default, about 1.5 x 3 inches. How would I enlarge it? It did not work to set -screenh 1290 -screenw 960 or -x 1280 -y 960. The online documentation discusses resolution only for mencoder, I think.

When I switch terminals the sound cuts out, which does not happen when listening to just audio. I need to be in the terminal where I started mplayer to control volume with * / (up and down).

http://sit.iitkgp.ernet.in/archiive/packages/mplayer/all-20040809 contains the individual codecs so you don't need to get a huge file from mplayer.

Most of the stations that I try to access don't work: stream not seekable. I could not find an explanation that made sense on the web. Someone said this means it is 'live TV', but I did watch live TV once. All I got working was Christian TV at 30K, with stable sound but the video would start and stop. Talking head.