baslinux - [BL] mplayer

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] mplayer
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:31:26 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> What would cause the 'stream not seekable' message?

Wrong address (perhaps a playlist) or server offline.

> > -------------------------------
> > mms://dca.live.pod.tv/tandm56-2
> > -------------------------------
> 403 Access denied by access control list.

Still working for me (8 hours later).

> > mms://low.video.csupomona.edu/liveone-035
> > mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/ResearchTV Live (modem)
>
> 'Unable to connect to remote host' immediately for the first.

Still working for me.

> For the second, what exactly do I type as the URL?

mplayer "mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/ResearchTV Live (modem)"

> > ------------------------------
> > mms://streaming.grp.it/GRPLive
>
> 'Making HTTP connection....' but nothing happens in several minutes.

It's not HTTP (you're doing something wrong).
That stream is still working for me.

> > mms://cluster314.streameu.com/RCTV
> > mms://video.rfn.ru/rtr-planeta_64
>
> I got a Spanish sitcom or the news in Russian.

Hooray!

> About 99% of the sites don't work with my setup and modem.

Almost all streaming video is designed for broadband.