baslinux - Re: [BL] quad monitor

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] quad monitor
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 04:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

How would I increase the buffer size?

mplayer -cache 1024 address.of.streaming.server

mms://212.175.166.3/TV1 - Turks in formal dress singing folk music

This site cuts out a great deal and when I exited I was told my computer and/or video are too slow and to increase cache size to 8192, try framedrop, OSS emulation of ALSA or ADL (is OSS not slow enough), etc.

This is a 600MMHz cpu with Matrox Millenium card (2MB) and it played DVDs (with a different video card). I think the problem is the connection speed, too slow for the signal, or a poor signal.

-cache 8192 took a long time to start and then played much better for maybe 15 seconds and then quit, probably because it ran out of signal.
Eventually the cache gets used up. This site may have been broadcasting faster than listed (more than my modem connection can handle).

Default cache at the Russian TV site is 64 bytes and it plays without cutting out, with a very small poor-resolution image (but good sound).
Steven, can you recommend lists of TV sites? What speed computer do you have?

At some sites that broadcast a larger picture (more K/sec) default cache size is 320 or 640 bytes. Automatically selected.

The speeds are about 30, 40 and 45K.