baslinux - [BL] recovering BL3

  • From: mpavicic AT grad.hr (Prof. Mladen Pavicic)
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] recovering BL3
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:25:53 +0200

Hi!

I put a pile of things on my laptop under BL3
(on hda) (TeX, emacs, xpdf, xfig, new libraries, ...).
But when I in the end installed fvwm I couldn't
restart Xwin, and I also could not boot the system
from the hard disk again. It stops at
LIL-

I used the BL3 flopies to get to hda1 but I could
not make lilo read vmlinuz and the hda1 boot sector.
I also can't execute install-to-hd because /hda1 is
expected to be empty.

Is there a way to recover the system? This would
save me from reinstalling everything anew.

Cheers,

Harry.