baslinux - Re: [BL] why can't I find /dev/cdrom

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] why can't I find /dev/cdrom
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:57:38 +1200

ÕÔ¸Õ wrote:

> I run baslin3.4-qemu.img with qemu (Host OS:win98)
> I want to use my CDROM driver by the following command:
> mkdir /mnt/cdrom
> mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

That will not work. There is no /dev/cdrom. If your cdrom
is IDE, then it will be /dev/hdb or /dev/hdc or /dev/hdd

> So,could anyone tell me how to find cdrom under /dev?

I think this is a QEMU issue (not a BL3 issue). There is
(I think) a command in QEMU for activating HDs and CDroms.
BL3 will not be able to see the CDrom until QEMU makes it
available.

Then you will need to do the BL3 insmods for the CDrom
(see /etc/rc) and then mount the CDrom.