baslinux - Re: [BL] why can't I find /dev/cdrom

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] why can't I find /dev/cdrom
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:30:14 +1200

Prof. Mladen Pavicic wrote:

> Could you explain to me what is QEMU

It is an emulator. People use it on Windows
to run DOS/BSD/Linux programs. It is much
slower than booting Linux direct.

> How to "do the BL3 insmods for the CDrom"

If you look in /etc/rc (/etc/rc.hd in floppy version),
you will see:
-----------------------
##_ACTIVATE_CD_DRIVE_##
insmod cdrom
insmod ide-cd
insmod isofs
You CDrom drive will not work until you do those
three insmods.

> and I do not understand what can I see in /etc/rc

Are you using the DOS version or the floppy version?
In the floppy version the relevant file is /etc/rc.hd