baslinux - Re: [BL] why can't I find /dev/cdrom

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] why can't I find /dev/cdrom
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:19:47 +0000 (UTC)

Is your cdrom drive on primary or secondary controller, and is it master of slave? A secondary master would be /dev/hdc (if IDE). You can also make a symlink from cdrom to the actual device in /dev.

In my devs directory if I type 'ls -l cdrom' I see:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Jan 23 19:40 cdrom - > hdc

I have an actual /dev/hdc. hdb would be primary slave, hdd secondary slave. dmesg|less will tell you where the CDROM drive is.

Please turn off the HTML in your email program, it is sending a second copy of the same message but with tags added.