baslinux - Re: [BL] shockwave flash in opera

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] shockwave flash in opera
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 21:08:47 -0500

you can try copying them over... but dont expect it to work 100% ...

type 'about:plugins' in the address bar (if that doesnt work try
'opera:plugins') to make sure that opera at least knows shockwave
flash is there before you try loading a shockwave flash object...
(also make sure plugins are enabled in operas preferences...)

On 05/07/06, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

> There are a lot of games online that require Shockwave Flash.
> Steven, how did you install it, please give details.

I downloaded a nearly 1MB shockwave flash 7 installer file. The installer
(from the tar.gz) said my glibc was older than 2.2 (I have libc5 and also
glibc 2.2.5) but I could manually copy over the .xpt and the .so file to
opera/plugins.

I recall something about motif being needed to use plugins, or is that
only Opera 8 not 7? What do I do in preferences to point at the
libraries for .swf file?

baslinux-request AT lists.ibiblio.org

--sam
--