baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:04:05 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Do 2.6 modules have some other naming system?

Yes, the 2.6 modules that I have seen have an extension of .ko.

> Does PCMCIA work differently in 2.4?

Somewhat. But you still use cardmgr to set it up. Your 2.2.x
/etc/pcmcia/config should work well with 2.4. Just be sure to
note if they changed module names (e.g. ide_cs to ide-cs)
and modify the /etc/pcmcia/config module lines as necessary.

> There was something about yenta.

I think it's a newer PCMCIA slot chipset.

David