baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:52:33 +0000 (UTC)

You can either set CONFIG_PCMCIA=M in kernel (and use the kernel
modules) or set CONFIG_PCMCIA=N (and 'make' in pcmcia-cs will
build modules from the pcmcia package).

I compiled a new kernel http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/bzimagpc.431
with PCMCIA support.

configpc.431 - no sound, minimal sci, no framebuffer, and no MTRR, MDA, video_select, ISA, USB keyboard or mouse. About 70K smaller (600K) despite adding PCMCIA and hotplug (needed to get PCMCIA).

Use it with cardmgr-SW10.2 (from Slackware) with Slackware 8.1 glibc (libc6 and ld-linux, included in my operalib.tgz package).

Works with the modules I compiled for my larger non-PCMCIA kernel (which are smaller than the ones provided by Slackware - 11099 vs 13866 K for ppp_generic.o.gz, for example) because I used an older compiler.

I included serial_cs ide-cs and smc91c92_cs and other network etc. modules in my package: pcmcia-431.tgz , now uploading.
(along with kernel and config and cardmgr)

Slackware 10.2 pcmcia package does not contain the modules (despite README), they are in the regular modules package. All I used from thre was cardmgr. You can copy their config if you have 55K free, which should support EXP Multimedia PCMCIA card.