baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support was BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 19:59:12 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:
-snip-

Official site with source code: http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net

> what do I do with it,

Compile and use it.

> and do I need to configure the kernel somehow to support it?

Try to set at least the PCMCIA core modules to =M, e.g. the
drivers for various PCMCIA host controllers/sockets. You
also will want to turn generic wireless networking support on.

> David, how did you get matroxfb.o to compile?

make modules; make modules_install

It is supposed to just work. Maybe you should try setting
matroxfb to Y instead?

> The only change I made to your fb configuration was to add M for the
> PCI voodoo card which I discovered in one of our computers and Hercules
> framebuffer - how would those affect matrox?

They shouldn't affect matrox.

> /2.4.31 at my site). For some reason vesafb.o was compiled though I
> answered CONFIG_VESAFB=Y not M.

In addition to being the extension for loadable modules in Linux 2.4 and
earlier, .o is also the extension for the compiled source code files,
before they are linked together into the vmlinux and eventually z or
bzImage.

David