baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 22:35:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

At the site I found, the person claiming to understand what
was going on said it was NOT ide_cs.o.

Perhaps that CDrom drive is not IDE. Or, he might be
referring to the fact that there was a name change for
the ide_cs module. It was changed to: ide-cs

I think he said it was not ide-cs, actually.

On this topic, how did you compile the kernel to support PCMCIA?

I don't see PCMCIA in your .config file, and David's 2.4.31 kernel and modules also don't include PCMCIA anywhere.

According to one website there is a a CONFIG_PCMCIA which I am told to disable if I want to compile the PCMCIA modules. But the .help file for 2.4.31 has questions about CONFIG_PCMCIA_APA1480 etc. (five of them). Say Y if you intend to attach this type of PCMCIA SCSI host adaptor to your computer. How would I know what type of PCMCIA slot the laptops or the desktop have? Should I answer Y to all of them? Or M? Is this unrelated?

Where do I get the source code for the modules and how do I compile those for this kernel, or are they kernel independent? Can I use the ones from BL3.40 with 2.4.31 kernel?

It would be convenient to access the USB camera and the PCMCIA modem or network card without rebooting to another kernel.