baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 03:21:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

On this topic, how did you compile the kernel to support PCMCIA?

It requires a separate PCMCIA package.

Where is this package to be found, what do I do with it, and do I need to configure the kernel somehow to support it?

My new kernel is lacking matroxfb.o. There is a /usr/src/linux-2.4.31/drivers/video/matrox directory with matroxfb_DAC1064.0, matroxfb_Ti3026.o, matroxfb_accel.o, matroxfb_base.o, matroxfb_misc.o, and a Makefile .

David, how did you get matroxfb.o to compile?
The only change I made to your fb configuration was to add M for the PCI voodoo card which I discovered in one of our computers and Hercules framebuffer - how would those affect matrox? I posted configsm.431 (in /2.4.31 at my site). For some reason vesafb.o was compiled though I answered CONFIG_VESAFB=Y not M. I answered the matrox question M.

We have my new kernel working with zgv (and libvga.so.1.4.3) and netpbm for BL2 and links2 from delilinux, in BL2.1, and USB-storage. I don't think we have a framebuffer card in that computer (S3 Virge?). So we don't have the framebuffer part tested yet.