baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Options Specific for Old Toshiba Laptop
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:22:40 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> At the site I found, the person claiming to understand what
> was going on said it was NOT ide_cs.o.

Perhaps that CDrom drive is not IDE. Or, he might be
referring to the fact that there was a name change for
the ide_cs module. It was changed to: ide-cs

> Would he need to add a couple of lines to your config file
> for his CD-ROM drive?

Perhaps. The current config does look for the PCMCIA ID that
indicates an IDE card (same it looks for the serial PCMCIA ID).
However, some cards do not carry the expected ID -- in which
case you need to tinker with the config file.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru