baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:33:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I put all his favorite sites into hotlist.html. Is there
some quick way to access that with links other than typing
it in

Invoke links as:
links ~/hotlist.html

I am already doing that (script named 'l' because it is easier to type l in an rxvt which I put into .xinitrc as &*rxvt, than to learn to use the menu.) How does he get back to hotlist.html other than lots of left arrows or History? I tried viewing hotlist.html from within links and it displays html code, even if I add <html> and ... </html>. First I symlinked it to m and try to 'g' to 'm'.

We now have autoexec.bat set up to offer him the choice of turning of the computer or pressing any key to load linux. Can something be added to rc to go directly into X? Is there some way to run the dialer within X and see the lines you see when running from console (IP addresses, etc.) so we can know when it has connected?

Can startx start opera when opera is being run from a wrapper in an opera directory? I made a script 'o' to cd to that directory and run opera and it has to be run as '. o' .

Opera won't work online on either of two computers, two kernels, two ISPs.
What else might I try upgrading besides the libraries in glibc 2.2.5 and pppd (which is uclibc static and I think works with opera in BL2 but I should check).