baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:19:18 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Can something be added to rc to go directly into X?

Put startx at the bottom of /etc/profile

> Is there some way to run the dialer within X

Isn't ppp-on in the X menu?

> and see the lines you see when running from console
> (IP addresses, etc.) so we can know when it has connected?

In icewm a little box appears at the bottom of the screen
when it is connected. It disappears when the connection
is broken.

> Can startx start opera when opera is being run from a wrapper
> in an opera directory?

Probably ( in ~/.xinitrc ).

> Opera won't work online on either of two computers,

What do you mean by "won't work"? Exactly what happens?

> What else might I try upgrading besides the libraries in
> glibc 2.2.5 and pppd (which is uclibc static

My Opera (8.02) works fine with the old BL2 pppd. Are you
suggesting Opera doesn't work with the BL3 pppd? That would
surprise me.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru