baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera with BL 3.40 Re: BL3.40 pkg "invalid tar magic"
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:24:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Steven, did you set up Opera with BL3.40 or 3.32?

Neither. I currently run it on BL2. However, I will be
trying to run it on BL3.40.

Do you plan to attempt this in the next two days? Our friend would like a working browser and I would hate to have to give him Windows again.
On Sunday I may switch hard drives and put on my 350MB of BL2 as a stopgap measure.

Can anyone else who has Opera take a look at install.sh and see why it objects to one line of it?

I will keep trying to find a way to install it, short of copying over all the files manually. Our friend logs into www. tdwaterhouse.com and links2 cannot handle that site. The one for BL3 apparently lacks ssl support (I got a message about that) and the one for BL2 (compiled by JP) may not be doing enough javascript, which the site is full of. I can get into the site but not login with username and password. It puts me back to the original page instead when I click on secure login link.

Lynx also failed (uclibc version) so it is not just ssl.

Maybe elinks will be better at this page.