baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:45:50 +0000 (UTC)

To use the rootfs image, you need a partition with several hundred
MB of disk space to grow into. bunzip2 it, then mount -o loop.
Then do cp -a /mnt /newdirectory, where /mnt is where it is mounted,
and newdirectory is where you want to keep it permanently. You
can then umount /mnt and chroot to newdirectory and start building.

Now I copy over some source code, chroot there, and compile? Is there
some way to actually download source code while chrooted to /uclibc? I
found busybox but there is no wget or ftp*. Busybox ash, 460K bash.
Full mount and more and mv and many others.

Sindi

David

chroot /uclibc /bin/bash (or /bin/sh, which is linked to bash)

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Function not implemented.
bash: /root/.bashrc: Function not implemented
.<#>

There is a /root/.bashrc

I type ls
sh: ls: command not found (same for any other command)

ls does not work. exit does.
There are /bin/ls and bash, and libc.a and libc.so (linked to libuClibc....).

Do I really just chroot or should I reboot to this partition somehow?