baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:34:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Ken Martwick wrote:

Sindi,
In most recent distributions of e3, there is a C version in-
cluded which can be compiled with gcc.

In BL3 there is a precompiled static version of e3, as I realized later.
But I ought to learn vi anyway.

Ken Martwick

If I run 'make' I get a lot of undefined references to 'pow' and 'log' but
it did get partway through compilation and I have an sfxload.o now.

That was for awesfx.

Today I tried to compile pilot-link, which compiles perfectly with SW81 gcc and binutils and gcc 2.2.5.

./configure worked okay
make worked as far as making userland.o and libpiuserland.la but then got stuck on libpisock.so and exited with
../libpisock/.libs/libpisock.so: undefined reference to `ldexp'
../libpisock/.libs/libpisock.so: undefined reference to `frexp'

Does this mean uclibc is inadequate to this task?

I did not specify static or dynamic - is the default dynamic?

I will try something easier with uclibc, some day.
I can try antiword or photopc - they compiled with egcs and glibc 2.1.3.