baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 04:55:44 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Do I really just chroot or should I reboot to this partition somehow?

Yes, but as I said earlier, the uClibc rootfs will not work with Linux
2.2. You need to boot with 2.4 and then chroot.

David

This time I booted with the 2.4.31 scsi/usb/framebuffer kernel. I had to remark out aspi8dos.sys in config.sys or it would not boot (F5 to bypass config.sys to get it to boot so I could edit config.sys). And now linux tels me there is a parity error in Data-in phase.
scsi0: At time of recovery, card was not paused.
scsi0: Dumping Card State in Data-in phase, at SEQADDR 0x79
Card was paused
Lots more error messages in all caps.
aic7xxx_abort returns 0x2003
scsi0:0:2:0 Attempting to queue a TARGET RESET message....
Unable to clear parity error. Resetting bus.
scsi: device set offline - not ready or command retry failed after bus reset: host 0 channel 0 id 2 lun 0
--------------
I hope this means there is something wrong with scsi device ide 2 - the CD burner - rather than the scsi controller card. It had sometimes not worked before but I thought it was a user error.

Good thing we just finished replacing the other computer (with DMA problem) with another one with IDE CD burner.

Anyway, despite scsi problems and framebuffer use, I was able, with 2.4.31 kernel, to chroot to /uclibc and the prompt is now:

[root@BasicLinux /]#
ls shows color and puts / after directories (unlike the BL2 ls)

Is it worth trying to compile ndiswrapper with uclibc? It did not work with gcc 2.9.3 - which version did not work for you?

I tried to compile fbutils and was told I don't have bison. I do have flex, which it also needs.

Then I tried to compile e3 but I need nasm.

Are these available precompiled for uclibc?

awesfx comes with a .configure, which checked for libasound headers version >= 1.0.0... not present
cxonfigure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

I think I had compiled this in BL2 by editing out asfxload and alsa lines in Makefile.in and copying to Makefile. libasound is I think alsa.

So I tried to edit Makefile.in but there is no pico or e3pi.
I found vi. To insert text type i first, to give commands type ESC,
to exit without saving in command mode type :q! or to save :wq
To search for also ESC /alsa.

This still did not configure. It configured after I edited
configure to delete all sections with alsa in them.

If I run 'make' I get a lot of undefined references to 'pow' and 'log' but it did get partway through compilation and I have an sfxload.o now.

This had compiled with gcc 2.95.3 or maybe it was egcs. I think I just edited Makefile.in and did not configure at all.

I will try something easier with uclibc, some day.