baslinux - [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] compiling with uclibc, was Re: uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:31:13 +0000 (UTC)

I suggest that you cut out the middleman (I) and download the
uClibc rootfs to compile lynx yourself when the next version
arrives.

uClibc rootfs comes with gcc 3.4, which worked quite well with
lynx, openssl, dosemu, and many other packages that I have
compiled with it.

To use the rootfs image, you need a partition with several hundred
MB of disk space to grow into. bunzip2 it, then mount -o loop.
Then do cp -a /mnt /newdirectory, where /mnt is where it is mounted,
and newdirectory is where you want to keep it permanently. You
can then umount /mnt and chroot to newdirectory and start building.

The above made a /uclibc/mnt to which everything was copied, so I cd'ed to /mnt and then cp -a * /uclibc and got under 86MB of files including automake and autoconfigure, which I have never used that I know of. gcc 3.4.3. There is support for a lot of things I don't think I have - sunrpc, raid, isdn, ubda, magic. 108K of terminfo, including sun. I thought this was for i386 only. Anyone want to strip this file system for use with BL?

Most programs should work fine, but you might want to set up some
symlinks such as ln -s /usr/bin/cpp /lib/cpp.

Done. Any others?

Now I copy over some source code, chroot there, and compile? Is there some way to actually download source code while chrooted to /uclibc? I found busybox but there is no wget or ftp*. Busybox ash, 460K bash. Full mount and more and mv and many others.

Sindi

David