baslinux - Re: [BL] uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:51:38 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Does uclibc Debian already have a lot of libraries and other programs
> compiled dynamically against uclibc?

No, but there should be enough there to get you started.

> I don't plan to compile X, if that is what you meant.
> Could I compile dynamically against uclibc and add uclibc to the regular
> library partition(s)? It might work with some programs that won't compile
> because glibc 2.1.3 or 2.2.5 are too old.

2.2.5 too old? I doubt uClibc would work any better.

Yes, you can add uclibc or libc5 to another library installation.

> Are you saying I need to use X in order to compile statically?

No, I'm saying that X makes copying and pasting easier.
You can also use gpm (or screen?).

> Can I make it static against uclibc but dynamic against other libraries
> which I already have on my computer?

No.

> I was impressed with your lucent modem victory.
> But have never run across a 56K lucent winmodem. There are piles of
> 56K ISA and PCI winmodems around for $1.

You have never run across an ltmodem? You posted
several messages about them a year or so ago.

David