baslinux - Re: [BL] Wine and BL

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Wine and BL
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:55:43 +1100

Hi Sindi,

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:20:13 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> If you are near any thrift shops, why not look for a scsi scanner for
> $5-10. (I got one for $1 one time without power supply). Sometimes
> people include scsi cards and sometimes the cards work.
> Value World, Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul.
> Scsi cards can be found at ebay too.

The point is that I already own ths ACER ScanPrisa 340P, and have for a
few years. It has been hooked up to my wife's Win95 machine all that time.
She has now gone onto WinXP (may the deity forgive her!) and I can now use
this thing - if I can get it to talk to any of my my DOS/Linux machines. I
hesitate to throw it away - it is not so much that I need an extra acanner
(my business has bought a newer one that is now hooked to her WinXP machine)
but that it is/was a perfectly working bit of kit.