baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:03:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005, sindi keesan wrote:
Works on a Gateway/Intel PII at 300MHz, but the kernel still cannot find
my Smartmedia card though it finds the Compact Flash card.

It may not work at all on Linux 2.4 or older, then. So can this 2.4.31
kernel do anything that DOS cannot? If it cannot, I would
recommend DOS (smaller, faster, probably easier to use) or a
newer *nix (more features).

This kernel works with two uhci computers and one uhci add-on card that do work with SW91 but don't work with DOS (they crash).

Was this kernel compiled to work with my vendor/product ID?

No big deal, I got a better serial cable that will download 50MB in just over 1 hours instead of 6 hours. USB would have been lots faster, but if we are travelling it should work with XP anyway.

It also cannot mount an msdos disk, does not support msdos file
system.

Try -t vfat instead of -t msdos.

Okay. In BL3 I can mount -t msdos for my DOS floppy disks.

Next project is to get this kernel into a 1 or 2-floppy linux to keep with the Compact Flash camera for travelling. I will attempt this myself.

David