baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 17:59:37 +0000 (UTC)

I tried the second USB kernel on three computers now. Kernel panic (BL2and loop BL3) on the Compaq AMD-K6/2 475MHz that has a hard drive reset/timeout problem which I fixed with hdparm. Maybe this is causing the boot problem? The first USB kenel I think booted okay here.

Booted on a Soyo with AMB-K6 200MHz, that has no USB ports.

Works on a Gateway/Intel PII at 300MHz, but the kernel still cannot find my Smartmedia card though it finds the Compact Flash card. It also cannot mount an msdos disk, does not support msdos file system.

We had to replace the keyboard before we could check this out (it was stuck on uppercase for the top row of keys).

I can try another AMD-K6/2 with USB after we replace the failed hard drive. Sheldon, what cpu is on the computer that got the kernel panic with this newest kernel?